CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Jazz and The Landscaping


Monday night we had someone come and give us a bid on landscaping our yard. Because Scott has some connections, the bid came in not much more than we could have done it for ourselves (plus it was a lot less work for us). On Wednesday Scott calls me and says that something came up and they would not be able to start on on yard for two weeks. I was a little bummed- but not big deal, we haven't had a yard since we moved in so what was a couple of weeks. When I came home that night, I was pleasantly surprised to find they already had the retaining wall and the sprinkler system in. (Scott thinks that he deserves an A+ for that joke). Thursday night I came home and there was probably 15-20 guys at my house and they were planting trees, pouring concrete, and putting in my planter boxes. By Friday, I had grass. I was so impressed and the yard looks amazing.



This weekend we had tickets to the Jazz/Nuggets game so we decided to make it into a well needed weekend away. Scott surprised with me a stay at the Anniversary Inn in the Capital Retreat room. My favorite part of the whole room was that the bathroom was hidden behind a secret door in the bookcase. Sunday morning we slept in and then went and walked around temple square enjoying the sunshine and the flowers.

2 comments:

pitterbecky said...

Your yard looks fantastic! I am with Scott on this one, he does deserve an A+ for the joke!

Jeanna said...

Isn't an instant yard the best!?! I remember we went to work came home and lawn had magically appeared. Unfortunately, now I have mow it and take care of it myself. Oh well! Congrats on the beautiful yard.