CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Adult Only Weekend

Last weekend Scott and I took a long weekend trip to San Fransisco.  Thanks to both sets of grandma's (and grandpa M) we were able to leave the kiddos at home and have an adult only weekend.  It was wonderful... we slept in, stayed up late, ate out without having to worry about kids spilling, caught two BYU basketball games - one in San Fran and one in Santa Clara, toured Alcatraz, and had some much needed R&R.  I did not take very many pictures (and didn't get any of the two of us together-I think I am slipping), but here are some of the highlights...





By Saturday I was missing my kiddos so I was glad to have an extra day on Monday (thanks President's Day) to spend with them... here they are listening to Pop Corn Bobbing (Olivia's birthday gift from Grandma H- primary songs jazzed up- she loves it and so does Nate!).  

These two are sure cute (most of the time).   Nate is talking up a storm... I understand about four words and the rest is gibberish, but I know he is telling me some very important things. 


Olivia comes up to daddy tonight and says "Nate is stinking up my room". Sure enough he had pooped his pants and was literally stinking up her room.

We have been trying to extend her repetoire of movies (I can only see  Little Einsten so many times before going crazy)  and our most recent is Jungle Book.  She keeps singing me the Bear Masistimies song.   She really gets into so it is pretty funny as she tries to say necessities.


BYU Basketball is over for the regular season- we have had a lot of fun attending as a family- Go Cougars!  Here we are at the final game on Saturday afternoon:

3 comments:

pitterbecky said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! Your kiddos are getting too big!You guys should come out to Indiana when BYU plays Notre Dame in the fall...we could meet you there!

Kristy said...

I LOVE San Francisco! Glad you got to go.

Brittany said...

So jealous of the adults only weekend...someday we will go away on our own! Gotta love the original song renditions.