CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mexico

The trouble with going on vacation for a week is the coming back to reality. This is especially true when you have just spent the week on a cruise where there are people who make your bed, clean your room, make and serve you breakfast, lunch, and dinner and cater to your every whim. This hit me when I came home from church and my bed was just as I left it, unmade, and there was no ten course lunch waiting for me.

Mexico was fabulous. Unlike me,I didn't take a lot of picture this trip, but here is a recap...


Day 1-2 was at Sea. There was a lot of eating, sleeping, sun bathing, reading, oh and did I mention eating going on. I did get up on Sunday at 6:00 a.m. and run on the treadmill. Why 6:00 a.m. you ask? I have no idea, but for some reason I was up everyday before 7:00. The early hour was worth it to see the sun coming up- it looked like it was coming right out of the water- simply breathtaking.

Day 3- Cabo San Lucas
We took a boat tour to the famous Lands End Arch, I got a pedicure (I have decided this needs to be a once a month event), and we went to lunch at this great local restaurant- The Crazy Lobster.


Day 4- Mazatlan
We did not have anything planned for the day so we just walked around the city. We saw a really amazing Cathedral, but other than that I was not impressed with Mazatlan. It was dirty,smelly, hot, humid, and you could not walk five inches without someone trying to sell you something. As a side note, as I ran on the treadmill (yes again at 6:30 a.m.) that morning it was raining with thunder and lightning. The lightning was incredibly beautiful to watch. I probably should have been a little scared about being struck by the lightning since it was so close, but instead I just ran, watched, and enjoyed. Definitely my favorite part of the day.



Day 5- Puerto Vallarta
We took a catamaran across the bay to this secluded tropical island. There we had a show, ate dinner, and watched the sun go down on the beach. Perfect!

Day 6-7 - At Sea (see Day 1-2 above)

Great trip- but good to be back even if I have to make my own bed.



3 comments:

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

So so jealous. We had no idea you guys went on a cruise. Dave and I are cruise-a-holics. Dave especially loves the pics where Scott is wearing his BYU shirt. Way to represent! Too bad BYU didn't represent this week.

Jeanna said...

Oh my word!! Looks like you had so much fun. I'm totally jealous- but running on a treadmill at 6 in the morning? You're crazy. :-) I'm so glad you had a good time!

crystal said...

I am impressed...I thought a cruise would mean sleeping in and being lazy! It does sound like it was beautiful that early! Glad you had a fun time :)