CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Family, a parade, and the Y

Most of my family came to visit this weekend. On Saturday we went to the Art City parade. Each year our little town holds Art City days and there are events all week including the parade, a carnival, and fireworks. Mom and Chelsey came with us to the parade. Livy was a little too young this year, but next year she is going to love it.

This is what Livy thought about the parade:

Chelsey and I have been trying for two weeks to hike the Y; however, it has been raining nearly every day. Friday night there were only a few clouds and we figured we could make it up and back before it started raining. Livy loves being outside so I put her in her front pack and we started climbing. We climbed for 1.24 miles. I did not realize how steep it was and I am really really really out of shape, but it was a lot of fun.

Me, Chelsey, and Livy on top of the Y.
The view was incredible- you could see for miles and miles.

Me and Liv ready to hike.
I think this little girl is going to be my hiking buddy.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

We are totally going to have to come hike the Y. The view does look awesome.

pitterbecky said...

I'm glad you were able to finally hike the Y. So lucky that Livy will ride in that front carrier. Sophie alwayas hated it, which was a huge pain.

Lisa said...

Wow - I can't barely hike that without carrying anyone! You are a trooper!