CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer at Last

Today is the first official day of Summer and the sun actually stayed out all day so it really felt like summer was here.

It has been a little crazy at our house this week. On Thursday Scott had surgery on his foot to repair a torn tendon and to shave off a bone fragment. This surgery has made me really appreciate Scott. I am pretty independent and like to think that I can take care of myself, but since Scott is confined to the couch I realize how much I rely on him. I am finding out that it is much easier to take care of Olivia with two people. Scott also usually mows the lawn, takes out the trash, helps makes dinner, and number of other things that I have taken for granted. I am so lucky to have him as my partner- we make a good team.

The foot (and Scott) are hanging in there. Scott is doing pretty well on crutches, except for the stairs and he has decided that it is easier to slide down and crawl up rather than trying to navigate them on crutches.


The two loves of my life taking on afternoon nap on Father's Day.

1 comment:

annie said...

i'm so sorry about scott being out of commision for a while. i hope he feels better soon. i can honestly say i know how you feel though! i've been there, twice, in the last year :) you don't realize how much they do for you until they can't help for a while.