CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Last year for Christmas Scott gave me a very expensive sewing machine that I have used maybe four times. One of my New Year's resolutions is to remember how to sew. When I was younger I learned how to sew in 4-H. My mom was our fearless leader. She is an amazing seamstress and I am sure she was sorely disappointed in my lack of detail. I can still remember unpicking my uneven stitches (several times) on a peach skirt that I was going to enter into the State Fair and grumbling that I hated sewing. Funny how things change as you get a little older. My first project is going to be a crazy quilt that I making for Miss Olivia for her birthday. Here are the fabrics... check back for progress throughout the month.


Miss Olivia turned 11 months old yesterday. Sometime this month I realized that she is no longer a baby-she is a little girl. Although it makes me sad to see her grow up so quickly it is also so much fun to see her little personality develop. This month she decided that army crawling was not fast enough and now crawls around exploring the entire house. She cut her third tooth and is working on four more. She has a million toys, but likes to play with the DVD player instead. She knows she's not supposed to and checks to see if we are watching and then laughs when we catch her. She laughs and giggles when she is tickled and has started saying tickle tickle so daddy will tickle her. She loves "This little piggy" with her toes. How lucky are we to have such a fun little girl in our family? What did we do with ourselves before she came along?

No comments: