CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Going Home

On Saturday Olivia and I made a quick trip to Idaho for a family reunion with my Mom's family. We got to spend much of the day at my Grandma and Grandpa's house and it warmed my heart. Growing up we spent a lot of time at my grandparent's exploring the barn, swimming in the ditch, jumping on the tramp, picking apples from the trees, reading under the weeping willow tree... I could go on and on. My parents moved from the little town where I grew up when I was a senior in high school and have moved a number of times since, so my grandparent's house is where I come "home". It is the place where I have roots- the place where I can take Liv and tell her this is where your mom grew up. On Saturday I did just that -we picked raspberries in the garden, we feed the horses, Uncle Dennis showed Olivia the baby calf, Liv played with second cousins just her age, and I enjoyed every minute of it. There is nothing better than going home.





Uncle Dennis showing Liv how to ride the baby calf- she wasn't too sure about it.


Olivia and Lena (Lena is my cousin's daughter and about three weeks older than Olivia).


Liv watching the baby cow eat his corn.

Feeding the horses with Dann and Lena ...


We had planned to go boating and waterskiing during the day on Saturday, but the weather did not cooperate so we went to the zoo instead...

Liv with her cousins Lena and Kirsten at the zoo. Kirsten is about three months younger than Liv and is my cousins daughter. She is a lucky girl to have so many cousins her age.

2 comments:

Ron and Susan said...

That was great to see those pictures of home. I wish I could have been there. Uncle Dennis and Uncle Dann are so good with these little girls. Mykelle loved them when we were down there. They must have some kind of child attraction about them.

Kristen said...

Looks like lots of fun. She is such a cutie. I loved her 18 month pictures!