CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

6:27

Those were the three numbers on my alarm clock this morning when I woke up today. It is about the typical time that I wake up everyday, but today these numbers were amazing to me...I could see them clearly and without the aid of contacts or glasses. I have worn glasses or contacts since I was in third grade - close to 23 years-oh I am getting old :). The last several years my eyes have gotten much worse and without contacts/glasses I would not have been able to function. Yesterday changed my life... I decided to have LASIK earlier this year, but I knew I had to wear my glasses for at least two weeks and was putting it off. I have not worn glasses in public for more than a day since I was 13 and got my first pair of contacts. Scott got a flyer on this great deal for LASIK that was good only until August 31, so on July 1st I decided to be brave and put the contacts away and pulled out the glasses. After 28 days of glasses, I am happy to report, that after a quick and painless surgery, I CAN SEE! Thank heavens for modern technology.

3 comments:

crystal said...

Yeah, AMY!! So it wasn't that bad? Hooray for you!! That's awesome :)

pitterbecky said...

That's so great Amy! Mom told me you were doing it sometime. Pat really wants to do it too, but I am a little scared and my eyes are not nearly as bad as yours.

Jeanna said...

YAY!!!! Happy day!! It must be wonderful not to worry about those darn glasses or contacts.....it's so awesome!!