CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Camping


One of my family's favorite things to do in the summer is go camping. When we were kids, my parents had a shell camper that fit in the back of the pickup. I think my dad picked it up for $500 and after my mom made some new curtains and reupholstered the cushions it was as good as new. The kids would ride in the camper (probably something that was not really very safe, but a lot of fun) up to the Calamity Campground next the the Palisades Reservoir in Swan Valley, Idaho. All of us would sleep in the camper (keep in mind with mom and dad there were nine of us) and we would spend hours swimming in the reservoir. We loved it!

As we have gotten older we have outgrown the shell camper and have changed camping spots, but it is still fun for me to go camping with my family. So I was really excited when it worked out that Scott and I could join my family in Spencer this weekend. Thanks to all of the snow we got last year, it was still really green in the mountains and the wildflowers were amazing. We went on a 4 wheeler ride, went on a hike, cooked some good food over the fire, and relaxed.


4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you finally got to go camping. I remember going camping and riding up wolverine canyon in the back of the pickup without a camper shell even- fun times...but now that I think about it, it wasn't very safe. :-) Ahh- the memories.

pitterbecky said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time camping! I'm sad we missed it, but I'm trying to talk Pat into going to a nearby state park to camp on Friday night. We'll have to wait and see if it happens.

crystal said...

We are ready for Magleby Mountain! I love your lay-out!

Liz, in New York said...

Hey guys! It was so great to spend time with you this past week. Thanks for a fantastic dinner and for being such wonderful friends. You'll have to come out to NY again so that we can go camping together. We sure love you both!
Liz and Trent

PS Visit us at www.nylizzy.blogspot.com