CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Good and Bad of Chicago


Chicago was a very fun place to visit. Scott had meetings Sunday-Wednesday so I was so happy that Becky and Sophie were able to come up and visit for a couple of days. We stayed at a great hotel within walking distant to most things that we wanted to see. We did walk a lot, which a probably a good thing since we also found a lot of fun "Chicago" style food to eat.

On Monday Becky, Sophie, and I went to Sears Tower, Shedd Aquarium, and Millennial Park. The Sears tower was amazing... it really made you realize how insignificant you are. The cars looked like matchbox cars and the people like ants. Sophie was so funny at the aquarium- we had been telling her that we were going to see some sharks and she seemed really excited about it, but when we got there we could not convince her to even look at the animals. For lunch that day Becky and I tried out a Chicago style hot dog (see picture above). It has an amazing amount of stuff on it including: onions, mustard, sweet relish, a slice of pickle, tomato, sweet peppers, and celery salt. Surprisingly it was pretty good. Scott met us for dinner that night and we tried out Chicago style deep dish pizza.

Tuesday we walked down to Navy Pier. Navy Pier is this really family friendly place that has a bunch of fun shops and a huge Ferris wheel that we took a ride on. That afternoon we found this really fun water fountain to play in and Sophie chased the seagulls and pigeons (which I think was her favorite part of the whole trip). We were having such a good day and then I went to pull out my camera case and it was gone. In my camera case was my cell phone, my camera, and all of the pictures from the trip so far. Apparently theft is a big problem in this part of Chicago and I was the latest victim. The silver lining in the whole thing was I had put my ID, cash, and credit cards in my pocket just a couple of hours earlier or they would have been taken also. Tuesday night Scott and I went to dinner at this great Italian restaurant and then went to see Wicked. It was amazing!!!

Wednesday we went to breakfast and then walked around the city for a few hours. Sophie chased some more birds and we took Scott to "The Bean" in Millennial Park before we had to leave. It was a great trip.

3 comments:

crystal said...

AMY!! I am so sorry about your camera and pictures! That is a huge blessing that your ID and Credit cards didn't get stolen! I was excited to hear about WICKED...what did you think? I didn't know you were going to see your sister and niece too! How fun...sorry about the theft.

Jeanna said...

I can not believe someone stole your camera and phone...stupid stealing people!!! But I am so excited that you saw Wicked and you loved it, too!!! Thanks for being the best friend ever and listening to me go on and on. Thanks and sorry about your stuff. That sucks!

Stephanie said...

That stinks about your camera!! I would be so bummed! I'm so glad you got see Wicked. I LOVED it when I saw it. And that hot dog - well, that looks pretty tasty. I LOVE hotdogs. Gross, I know.