CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Official...

Today is a very special day for our family-Little Olivia is officially (under the State Law of Utah) a member of our family. We had our finalization today with Judge Davis. He had a full docket when we scheduled this a month or so ago, but likes proceeding over adoptions and fit us in. He made it such a special day for us. He made Scott swear under oath that Olivia would be a raised Cougar Fan and he even took us back into to his chambers so that we could see the great view from his office. Scott's friend Trent is an attorney and he (along with his wife Liz) flew all the way from New York this morning to handle this for us.

Judge Davis let Olivia borrow his robe for a few minutes...
but she was more interested in his gavel.

We are so happy that Olivia is part of our family.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Yeah! Congrats, we are glad Olivia is part of the family too. I love that she is going cross-eyed looking at the gravel. Soo Cute.

pitterbecky said...

yea! She was part of the family before, but it's nice that it is official!

Jeanna said...

Awww! Love, love, love it!!!

Congrats!

Dan/Kealy said...

Congrats! That is so great! I'm so happy for you guys!

Katie Voorhees said...

WOOHOO! Congrats guys! Wish I could have been there! You guys are amazing and Liv is is lucky to have you guys! She is beautiful!

Ron and Susan said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

crystal said...

Awesome pics Amy!! Congrats to you guys :)

Chad and Tina said...

Hello, my name is Tina, i am married to Chad Mortensen who knows your husband from work. We recently adopted from heart to heart and started with LDS Family as well. I love following your blog and your pictures of little Olivia. We are excited to finalize, but cannot until January 2010. I noticed your happened pretty quick around 6 months exactly. Is that true? I was trying to schedule our sealing date and hoped to have that take place in January as well. I would love to hear from you. I have a couple questions. You can go to my blog or email me at TinaandChad2003@gmail.com Thank you so much!