CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone!! It didn't really feel like Easter when I woke up to three inches of snow on the ground, but it was a wonderful day. We listened to conference, took naps, and hung out with grandma. My mom came down this weekend to help us paint the basement and of course to see Olivia. We almost finished, but ran out of paint with three walls and the bathroom to finish. I really love the color. I will post pictures after the fireplace is put in on Wednesday.

Olivia with her cute pig plate from Grandma- now if we could only get her eat. Any ideas for picky eaters anyone is willing to share? I have tried everything. She likes cheese, but it doesn't always like her. I keep thinking that she is going to starve, but she is still growing so she must be okay.
Olivia loves ducks. One of her first words was Quack Quack. So the Easter Bunny brought her a duck in her Easter basket. She must have like it because she gave it a big hug.

Also for those interested here is some about our adventures in Hawaii:
Hawaii Day 1, 2, and 3...
Day 1-
We arrived in Hawaii on Tuesday around 4:00 Hawaii time (8:00 Utah time) and were exhausted after a seven hour plane ride. We found our rental car and the condo, stuck our feet in the pool on the 37th floor of the building, and picked up Jon, Brittany and Emma at the airport around 9:00 and went back to the condo for some sleep.
Day 2-
Today we spent the day on the beach and then went to Cheeseburgers in Paradise for my birthday dinner. Olivia loved the ocean and the sand. She was content to sit on the beach moving sand from one bucket to the other, but really liked daddy taking her into the water.


I don't think I got one pictures of both girls looking at me. Yes that is Olivia eating sand off her shovel. She also liked licking the salt water in the ocean. Sorry about the sunbather in the back, if I were better with photoshop I would brush him out)

Day 3:
Olivia and I went to the beach this morning with Jon, Brittany, and Emma. On the way we found a little jungle gym just the right size for the little girls. One of my favorite things about Hawaii was the cultural diversity. Olivia and Emma played on the playground with girls from Japan and China. We met people from all over the world on this trip with all different colors of skin. It made me wish Utah had a little more diversity. Later went to Laie on the North Shore to the Polynesian Cultural Center for the day.











More to come...

2 comments:

Ron and Susan said...

Amy,
I thought that was Emma in the last batch of pictures you posted from Hawaii but I didn't know that Brittany and Jon were over there with you. I just thought that Olivia found another little friend. I bet you guys had so much fun.

kimberlina said...

You don't know me, but I happened upon your blog from Heart to Heart's blog. Your blog was listed right below ours. I am so enjoying reading about your family and seeing the adorable pictures of your sweet Olivia, who has the same kissable cheeks as our son, Forest (14 months old). We also adopted through Heart to Heart and are matched to adopt another baby boy in the next few weeks. Yes, we're crazy! This'll be our 4th child under 5 years old.

FYI - my 2 girls were/are the pickiest eaters, but amazingly they have grown well on crackers and cheese and gummy vitamins. They both started eating better at around 2 1/2 yrs old. Enjoy your darling girl - before you know it she'll be headed to kindergarten.