CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I am excited for Christmas this year.  I hate to say this, but for the last several years I have been a little grinchy when it has come to Christmas.  Yes, I have gone through the motions - put up the tree, make and wrap presents, decorate the house, make the fudge... but my heart has not been into it.  This year is different and I think it has a lot to do with this little girl:


This is not Olivia's first Christmas, but last year she was only 10 months old and was oblivious to the excitement.  As we pulled out the boxes this year and started unpacking all the pieces of Christmas- the light, nativities, the ornaments, the tree... she squealed with glee as we pulled out the tree and plugged in the lights- "Pretty mama-lights".  A great big smile broke out on her face when she realized that the angel in the Fisher Price nativity set plays music and there was nothing but pure joy on her face when she unwrapped her Elmo ornament.  It is so fun for me to watch her experience these things and I really think I will enjoy Christmas this year.



2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Olivia's just so cute!! Sounds like you'll have a joyful season and an exciting Christmas morning. =)

pitterbecky said...

That's a darling Christmas picture of her!! Christmas sure is more fun with kids. I'm taking Soph to see Santa Claus today. I was singing her that "Santa Claus is coming to town" song today and she was like, "I don't remember the part that says if you are naughty or nice." Yep, I think I have my bribe, errr incentive program for the month.