CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back to Reality and One Month

I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I was planning on taking two more weeks, but due to a technicality with my company's sick time policy I am having to cut that time short.  I have so enjoyed this time with my two babies and I am dreading tomorrow morning for many reasons:  1. On Friday I was so proud of myself for getting the two kids and myself dressed and out of the house by 10:00- how in the world am I going to make it to work by 8:00??  2.  My baby girl has gotten very attached to her mommy being home- it is going to break my heart when I leave her and she has alligator tears running down that precious face.  3.  I have so enjoyed the little things with my babies- going to story time at the library, sitting on the bed in our jammies watching Super Why and Sesame Street, making cookies with Olivia, and snuggling with Nate in the afternoon while Liv takes her nap.  I will miss them terribly.  I know they will taken care of and loved.  Carol, my sitter, has become a third grandma to Olivia and I know that she will be the same to Nate, I am just not quite ready to let this time go. 


Little Nate is officially one month old.  His cute little cheeks are getting chubby and he is starting to grow out of his new born clothes. I know it is probably too soon, but I  really think he is starting to smile and when he does he has the cutest dimple on his right cheek.   He has started to recognize my voice and focuses on my face pretty well.   He is freakishly strong for someone who is only a month old and does a pretty good job of holding up his head and lifting himself on his arms while he is laying on his stomach.  He likes to stretch his arms above his head and many times his little hands get tangled in his hair which he pulls making himself cry.  His big sister and his mommy and daddy love him to pieces and we can not imagine our little family without him.
  


Pulling the hair.

I am afraid this is the face that Nathan will make every time Olivia tries to love him.  I know she means well, but sometime she wants to give him a little more love than he can handle. 

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking about you. Grace makes similiar faces to Nate's when Emmma is trying to "love" her!

pitterbecky said...

I thought you were taking 8 weeks? Good luck with your first day back! I don't think that it is too soon for Nate to be smiling...People think that I am crazy when I tell them, but I swear Evan started smiliing when he was 10 days old...Evan has that same striped top "Daddy thinks I'm the best" outfit that Nate has...so cute!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.