CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Time is flying

I can not believe it is already February 1. Time is flying... I had big plans while I was on leave with Nathan and unfortunately I have not accomplished most of them.  One of the things I wanted to accomplish was potty training Olivia.  We started today and we have already had five accidents and have not made it to the potty once.  The most frustrating part is when I take her and sit her on the potty and she doesn't go, but two minutes later she comes to me and says "Mama I tinkled (all over the floor)".  The joys of parenthood:).

I have not made it to the gym everyday as I promised myself that I would,  Scott's "honey do" list, which included cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, is still pretty long, I did not get my Superbowl party invites made, and I have not gotten Nathan's room put together, but on a positive note  I have done the following: I cleaned out craft room and my pantry, I finished my nephew Evan's birthday gift (some BYU PJ bottoms), I finished skirts for Olivia and Emma (see picture below), sewed two baby blankets for Nathan, got some scrap book pages done, and have spent many hours of quality time with my little daughter and her baby brother. 

I am so excited how this skirt turned out.  Liv has a similar one and I really liked it so my amazing mom helped me put this one together without a pattern.  My next adventure will be a jumper for Liv and I am going to try to do it all by myself- (could prove to be interesting).   I have decided I have to many things that I would like to do and not enough time- I need to figure out how to survive on 4 hours of sleep and stop being so lazy. 

 Here are some random pics from this week...

The little man is starting to be awake for longer periods.  I finally got  a picture with his eyes open last night.  We are slowly getting on schedule.  The other night he slept for six hours and I was so grateful (the sleep deprivation is catching up to me). Most of the time he is sleeping for about 3-4 hours.
 

This past weekend I took the kids to Idaho for a few days.  It was good to spend a few days with my family and Olivia got to spend some quality time with her cousin Taylor.  One of her favorite things to do at Grandma's is play the piano. I think I have mentioned this before, but this girl loves music and she sits and pounds on the keys belting out the ABC song and the Itsy Bitsy Spider.   We got see most of my siblings this weekend and Aunt Chelsey let her play on her scooter.  Liv loved it. 




Earlier in the week, Brittany, Emma, and Gracie came for a visit.  While they were here we made Valentine's Day cupcakes, went to storytime at the library, and watched Sesame Street on Mama's bed.  Britt and I even got some scrapbooking done while the kiddos slept. 




Here is Liv at the library.  Since I can remember I have loved books and I really hope to pass this love to my kids.  In hopes of fueling her desire to read we go to the library once a week and have started to go to story time on Tuesdays.  For those of you in Springville you need to check it out- they have a theme each week and do a little puppet show, read a story, get a visit from letter hero,  and get to do a craft. 

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Those skirts turned out so cute! By the way, I would not say lazy is in your vocab. I have never seen you be lazy and I think your list of accomplishments is pretty impressive considering you are taking care of two kiddos as well.I hope to accomplish something one day. I think making my bed in the morning is pretty impressive right now! :)

Ron and Susan said...

I hate to tell you this Amy, but I thought when the kids graduated from High School and it was just Ron and I there would be so much time to do things! Boy was I ever wrong. I think we just have to much to do everyday and run out of time. Just enjoy being with your little ones because they grow up to fast.

Stephanie said...

I am just playing catch up now and wanted to congratulate you guys on your cute little Nathan! I'm so happy and excited for you! I'm sure Olivia will be a wonderful big sister.
Hugs!