CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Banker turned Race Car Driver??

I have a pretty good job... I have banker hours, never work on Saturdays, gets lots of vacation and 10 federal/state holidays per year.   Oh yeah and sometime I get paid to be a race car driver... literally.  The EVP over my division has a passion for race car driving and so when the opportunity came up he invited several of us to experience what race car driving is all about at Miller Sports Park.  I am not exactly sure why I was invited, but I have a hunch it is because I am female and since there are not many of us in my world that I was invited by default to fill a quota, which I am totally okay with. It was a lot of fun; however, I am not a very good race car driver as I hate driving sharp corners, get pretty motion sick, and haven't driven a manual car for over 10 years.   But it was awesome and I am glad I got to experience it because it would not have been something I would have signed myself up for.





We love the Olympics at our house... especially the summer Olympics and so we decided to celebrate by hosting an Olympic Opening Ceremonies party.  We invited most of our street and ended up with around 30 at our house to play games, eat pizza cooked on the grill, watch some opening ceremonies and get to know each other a little better.  It was a lot of fun.  Next time I will remember to pull out my camera.  Olivia has really liked the gymnastics, swimming (diving) and track.  She keeps practicing her gymnastics and diving off of the couch.  It has been fun for us to watch Gabby Douglas win gold for the United States.  Olivia keeps telling me... she looks like me mom and she does good tricks on the bars.  She has also been learning about the Olympics at school and even came home one day sporting a crown of leaves just like the real Olympians. 


We have been playing in the water a lot this summer.  Both in the backyard and at Seven Peaks (the water park up the street in Provo).   So much playing to do and so little summer left...



No comments: