CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Fruits (Vegtables in this case) of our Labor

After four years of marriage, we planted our first garden in our new backyard. We debated on what to plant but ended up with tomatoes, squash, onions, carrots, and peppers. Although we have had squash growing out our ears for some time, yesterday we also had a ripe tomato and a green pepper. We immediately sliced the tomato up, added a little salt and pepper, and dug in. There is nothing like a fresh juicy tomato right off of the vine. I am going to enjoy as many tomatoes I can over the next several weeks, because before we know it, we will be stuck with the tasteless varieties from the supermarket. Yeah for Summer!

1 comment:

Tigerlily said...

I love yellow squash and tomatoes! I just hope I can sponge some tomatoes off my mom. Spencer finally tilled up our backyard. Maybe next year we can have a garden. I will have to really throw a fit to get a tomato plant as Spencer does not like them. If you have any yellow vegis left over that you don't want send them here. I would love some.