CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

I have decided...

Tonight I decided two things:
  • I am not going to put my life on hold waiting for a baby to join our family. I had planned to go to Cincinnati to visit my sister in March, but since we enlisted this new adoption agency I have been a little hesitant to plan anything. Tonight I decided I am going to buy a ticket and go with my sister and my mom. If we get a baby then great- we will make plans when it happens.
  • I am going to run in the Provo 5K over conference weekend. I have been really really bad about working out since the holidays and I need something to motivate me. I decided if I say it out loud and post it on my blog I will have a better chance of following through. I also think I am going to register tomorrow so I will be monetarily invested as well. I am not a super star runner like my sister,Becky, but I am up to two miles so that extra 1.1 miles should be do able in two months. I need a running buddy- anyone interested? Also I need some new running music- I usually listen to Def Leopard's Greatest Hits but it is getting old. Does anyone have suggestions for good running songs I can put on my Ipod?

9 comments:

Brittany said...

I am glad you decided to come. I am up for being a running partner, but I am not sure if I can even make it 2 miles (maybe one...actually maybe 1/2 a mile, yeah I could do 1/2 a mile).

Jeanna said...

I am so excited for you. Is this your first official 5k race? I totally wish I closer- I would be your running partner in a second; however, I would probably slow you down. :-) I have been so bad lately at working out. It's just so cold and snowy. I have started walking in the mall with Janet. How much is the Provo 5k and when is it? Maybe I will come run it with you.

crystal said...

GO AMY!! It's got to be so hard to play the waiting game! I think if you keep planning things (like your trip with your sis and mom) then it will happen!! So, plan away!

Good luck with the running thing. I can't even seem to get out with the neighborhood ladies that walk at night!!

Matt and Cindy Lou said...

Poison's greatest hits

pitterbecky said...

I just commented and unfortunately it got deleted I guess. I'm glad you are coming to Cincinnati. I am very excited. I would totally be your training partner if I could get there easier. Maybe I can find a 5K to run in here around the same time and we can be virtual training partners. I have been very bad about working out over the past month or so and need to get back into it. I also would like to run a 1/2 marathon later this year sometime(probably fallish)so I guess I should at least get working out again.

pitterbecky said...

Oh, I also forgot to add to the new post. Some of the songs from Mama Mia make me want to get up and go.

SumGreater said...

Right on. You can't put everything on hold. Way to be. You're not waiting. You're living...and hoping. I understand.

I wish I had a running buddy, too...It doesn't feel safe to go alone in the morning even at a track.

Good running music? Some of my favs: Do you like Alicia Keys? Vampire Weekend--M79 and A-Punk, Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing, Here It Goes Again by OK Go (the guys dancing on the treadmills on Youtube), Work That and Just Fine by Mary J Blige, Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall, One Love by Jordan Pruitt, Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire, Headstrong by Ashley Tisdale (sorry. my son likes her), Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake, Pollywog in a Bog by Bare Naked Ladies. That's a pretty good start. Hurray for iPods! I can't remember what it was like to run before them.

SumGreater said...

I'm worried my last comment was a downer. I hope it didn't feel that way for you. We've been praying for you guys for a long time--even when you thought we'd fallen off the earth.
I think the names are beautiful. What a lucky baby!

Jessica said...

little did you know you would have a baby in your arms in a week! Crazy how the Lord works.