CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sunny California

We just got back from our annual "orange picking" California trip. Each year in January over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend (to capitalize on my three day weekend at the bank), Scott and I try to make a trip to visit his Grandma Magleby who lives in Riverside California. Grandma Magleby has two very large orange trees, a grapefruit tree, and a Mandarin orange tree in her back yard. The orange trees were planted in 1955 when the Magleby's moved into their house in Riverside, so they have had a few years to mature. Depending on the year, the trees are either loaded or there are only a few oranges. This year it was loaded... we spent part of Saturday morning picking eight big boxes to bring back to Utah.

While in California we also went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was fun until I went on my first ride,Montezuma's Revenge, (only ten minutes into the day) and knew I was going to be sick. I have never been able to ride the scrambler or the tea cups at Disneyland, due to the spinning; however, I have never gotten sick on a roller coaster before. Until Knott's Berry Farm.... Scott went on a couple of the big roller coasters and I went on the little kids rides like the carousel, bumper cars, etc.
We also spent an afternoon at Newport Beach. It was fabulous...80 degrees,ice cream, sun, sand, and a good book.
It was pretty tough coming back to Utah. When we left Riverside it was 75 degrees when we got back to Utah last night it was 19 degrees.

6 comments:

pitterbecky said...

How fun! Those oranges look huge! I'm glad you guys were able to go and have fun and relax.

Laurel said...

Mmmmmm. I need to go to California. This snow is killing me. Glad you had fun!

Eileen said...

Orange Trees are so Gorgeous! I am so glad you had fun. When I was 18 years old... we went to Knotts and I remember riding Montezumas Revenge 28 times in a row, There was no line that day! I don't think I could do that now! Did they still have the mystery lodge?

Mama Magpie said...

Oh I am sooo jealous! I love the beach and Knotts berry Farm! Thank you so much for the oranges they are delicious as only home grown fruit can be :)

Tigerlily said...

Okay..I should have warned you. Eileen and Matt went on Montezuma's revenge 28 times but after 2 it made me sick. I am so sorry. I love roller coaster but that one made me so sick I had to sit for a while till my head stopped spinning.

Jessica said...

Now I know where you got those amazing oranges! So yummy! Thanks again for sharing. What a fun trip for you guys.