CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

$100 Christmas

Scott and I decided we didn't need anything for Christmas this year. Instead of doing a big gift for each other we agreed that we would each have a $100 budget for Christmas this year and the rest of what we would normally spend would go into a vacation fund for our 5th anniversary trip to Hawaii later this year. I really tried to keep my end of the bargain- I made him BYU pajama pants, had my friend Annie take some pictures of me, made him a calender, and splurged on a new Guitar Hero game. All of this together-maybe $105. All through the month I kept asking him if he was sticking to the budget and he assured me that he was. A few days before Christmas I got home from work and there was a voicemail telling my that my sewing machine table was in and I could pick it up. There was only one problem- I did not order a sewing machine table. Guess what I got for Christmas? I have a sewing machine already; however, it has had some problems and I have had to borrow my mom's, my mother-in-law's, and my friend Sara's machines to complete my Christmas presents. Scott being the thoughtful generous guy that he is bought me a new machine. I love him dearly, but he really needs to learn to follow the rules.

4 comments:

Nat said...

love it. how sweet.

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Ha Ha, he told us about that.

annie said...

it sounds like you had a good christmas even if he did break the rules. :) i bet you love the present now that you have it though.

SumGreater said...

Such a nicie! I'm glad you've got a machine that will work great for you now. What a great talent sewing must be. I wouldn't know...