CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 19, 2008

It's beginning to look like Christmas

It finally snowed on Saturday (and continues to snow). I think this was all it took for me to shake off my Christmas blues because I woke up Saturday morning with the desire to decorate my house and wrap presents.

The nativities are out. Each year since Scott and I have gotten married we have purchased a nativity. I love them all, but this one is currently my favorite:


The tree is decorated. Another tradition we started when we got married was to buy an ornament each year depicting something that we have done or somewhere we had been. I really need to find one for this year. We got this tree from Scott's mom the first year we got married and it has worked perfectly. This year when we plugged it in part of the lights were not working. Somehow I touched the right branch at the right time and those set of lights starting working, but another section went out. We were able to put that section against the wall so unless you really look you can not tell, but I think I am going to be Christmas Tree shopping next year.

The stockings are hung and most of the presents are wrapped...
I guess it is finally starting to look and feel like Christmas at our house. It is about time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that you are getting in the Christmas Spirit. Sometimes it's hard though. Your tree is beautiful.

Tigerlily said...

A great time to buy a new tree is the day after christmas. Michaels trees are usually 75% off and the tree I have was a $200 dollar tree that I got for $50!!!! a few years back! I love it!!