CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Crazy couple of weeks...

It has been crazy two weeks at the Magleby house...
For Easter we went to Scott's parents for dinner, an egg hunt and a birthday celebration for me.

On Monday I officially made it into my 30s. To celebrate I made Scott take me to Horton Hears a Who (he fought me the whole way, but I think he really liked it) and to Magleby's for dinner.

On Friday I made a quick trip to Idaho. Ron Crystal, the one who hired me at my first banking job, is retiring after 40 years in banking and his retirement party was that day. Ron is one of my favorite people and he is one of the people who I can honestly say changed my life. While I was in Idaho, I was able to see Jeanna and go to Chelsey's track meet in Rigby. As you can see from the picture it was cold... there was still a little snow on the ground and the wind was brutal. There are many things that I miss about Idaho, but the wind is not one of them.

As many of you know I have been studying to take my GMAT for the last several months and yesterday was the big day. I am glad that it over, but unfortunately I did not do as well I as I wanted to so it is likely that I will be taking it again in the next several weeks. After the test was over yesterday, I really started to question my sanity of going back to school... do I really want give up my weekends, give up time with Scott, spend thousands of dollars, and spend every spare minute studying for the next two and a half years? Is it really worth it? The jury is still out today... but my application is in.

Speaking of jury... I got home from work a couple of weeks ago and Scott tells me I got something in the mail. Thinking that I had gotten letter or a card from someone, I got a little excited. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was a federal jury summons. for May -August. Who knows maybe I will get to be a juror in a major case like the ones John Grisham writes about...

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

Thanks so much for hanging with me on Friday. It was so great to see you and a lot of fun.

So, do you already know your GMAT score? I know how hard it is to make hard life decisions....good luck and I will pray for you.

pitterbecky said...

I'm sorry you didn't do as good as you hoped on your GMAT, but yay for fun in cold Idaho. So your jury date is from May-August, you could be on the jury for that entire time? I got called for jury duty once, but I got excused because I was still nursing Soph...good luck!

crystal said...

Oh, AMY! I got called once when we were in Georgia...but we had moved to a different city...so I got out of it! I am sorry that you didn't do as well as you wanted to on the GMAT. You have been working SO HARD! Man, it looks really cold in those Idaho pictures! BRRR!!!

Easter was fun, huh!