CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

5 Years Ago Yesterday

I was going to write this post last night so that the post would be "5 years ago Today", but Miss Olivia and I fell asleep on the couch. Anyhow... 5 years ago yesterday Scott and I had our first date. We met on LDSSingles.com in early January 2004. I was living in Idaho Falls at the time and Scott was in Orem so we spent the first six weeks talking via e-mail, instant message, and telephone. After spending three weeks chatting online and another three weeks talking on the phone, we decided we should probably meet each other face to face. My cousin, James, who lives in Provo, had a mission farewell this weekend 5 years ago and so we decided that it was a perfect opportunity to get together. For our first date we went to dinner at Spaghetti Factory and then went to the BYU-New Mexico Basketball game. After that weekend we decided that we really did like each other and spent the next five months commuting back and forth between Utah and Idaho before we got married in July. It amazes me that it has already been five years.

Last night Olivia woke up hungry around 2:00 a.m. and I took her into Scott while I made her bottle. This is what I came back to: Miss Olivia and Daddy both sound asleep. I am so blessed to have them both!

3 comments:

pitterbecky said...

I also cannot believe it has been five years already. Pretty crazy.

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

So cute

Well we are all healthy here finally so we will have to come and visit again. :) She is such a cutie!

Jeanna said...

Five years, already!!! That's just crazy. I remember it all like it was just last week. I sound like I'm getting old- but never quite as old as you ;-)