CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Louisiana Home


Today we were able to bring Olivia to our temporary Louisiana home- An Extended Stay America in Metairie, Louisiana about five minutes outside of New Orleans. The people here are so friendly and they are so excited for us. Our nurses in the hospital were fantastic. Utah has our paperwork and should be sending it back to Louisiana tomorrow. Hopefully they will look at it and send us home tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath.

Olivia has slept most of the afternoon and I have been content to just lay and watch her. It is finally sinking in that she is ours. The last several days have been a blur and it has been nice today to relax and take in our precious little girl.

In addition to her really long fingers she has really long skinny feet and legs (luckly girl), which she likes to keep crossed as she sleeps. As you can see from the picture she is darkening up a little bit. I didn't realize that African American babies are not born completely brown. Her little ears are the color of milk chocolate and, according to the nurses, she will probably be that color in 2-4 weeks. She is a cutie!! (but I might be a little biased).

6 comments:

crystal said...

MOM!! YOU ARE A MOM!! So cute! Thanks for posting more pictures. I hope the paper work doesn't take forever...at least on this end of things you are waiting WITH your baby girl instead of FOR her!

Brittany said...

She is such a CUTIE! Oh, I can't wait until you get home, so I can hold and love on her. Emma gave her kisses today when I pulled up the pictures. It was more like licking the computer screen but it is obvious she already loves her new cousin.

Stephanie said...

Crazy to think you are a mere six hours from us right now...

I'm telling you again that I am so happy for you! I look forward to lots of pictures in your new life as a mother!

Lisa said...

What a sweetie. I know what you mean about just sitting and watching them. There is nothing like just laying there next to them and knowing that they are yours. I saw a onesie on a baby today that said "worth the wait". Isn't it amazing how true that is. We couldn't be more happy for you guys.

pitterbecky said...

She is so precious. Isn't it crazy to think that a week ago you didn't even know about her? Obviously Sophie is not as ready for a little sibling as Emma is, because instead of kisses she said, " I want to pet her." I guess we should work on that before we have any more. She really is a Beautiful baby.

SumGreater said...

I'm so glad you can post from Louisiana! I've been checking all the time for more pictures and updates. I'm so happy for you guys!