CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Southern Belle

We are on our way home tomorrow! We fly out of New Orleans at 9:25 and should be in Utah around 2:00.

Our little Southern Belle is a week old today. In the past week we have learned a lot about our little girl: She loves to have her head and ears rubbed after she eats, she ends up on her side in her sleep, she hates having her diaper changed, and really really hates taking a bath. Here is a cute picture of her after bath this morning. If you look really close you can see her curls.



My dad is a big fan of the North and the South Series. Most of the houses I grew up had a southern flavor to them with large porches and columns. I think in a former life he was a Southern plantation owner, so I know he would have loved the plantation we saw today-Oak Alley Plantation. To complete the experience we had lunch at the little cafe on the property where we had fried catfish, sweet potato souffle and pecan pie.

Our first family picture.

14 comments:

crystal said...

AWWWWWW!! Love the family picture!! So cute :) See you tomorrow Livy!!

Laurel said...

Look at your face Amy! I can't not smile when I see your incredibly happy, glowing face in this picture!

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Oh I love all the pictures keep them coming. I hope Olivia does well on the flight. I can' t wait to meet her! We'll try to give you guys a little time before we bombard you!

Megan said...

She is beautiful, Amy! I can't wait to meet her and share all the nursery germs with her! :-) I am so happy for you guys.

Jessica said...

I haven't EVER seen bigger smiles on two completly deserving people! I LOVE seeing the two of you and your sweet daughter. I LOVE all of the pictures and we can't wait to see you all. Have a safe trip HOME!!

Tigerlily said...

That is a beautiful sight! It made me tear up! I know how much you have wanted this for so long! Amy...I am so happy for you!

pitterbecky said...

Yay for going home! I love your family picture. I wish we were there to welcome you home. I think that Baby Livvy gets cuter every day.

Mama Magpie said...

I love all the pictures! Especially the picture of all you guys together at last. You look so happy! ...mmmmm sweet potato souffle

Shelly said...

You have a beautiful family! I work with Heart to Heart, doing Adoptive Family outreach and education. I am wondering if I can add your blog link to our blog? (www.hearttoheartadoptions.blogspot.com) You can email me or call if you have questions. Shelly 801 860 4334 shellyandresen@gmail.com. (My family blog is www.andresenfamilyfun.blogspot.com)
Congratulations!!

SumGreater said...

Yaay!!! You're home! I'm so glad for you to be with your little precious one in your very own place finally!

You look so wonderful in that family picture! Besides radiating happiness, I like your hair dark like that. =)

Dan/Kealy said...

Hey Amy! I heard from Lisa Broberg last night that you have a little girl now (so I followed the link from her blog to yours)! Congrats! I am so excited for you! She's beautiful!
-Kealy

Liz, in New York said...

The first family picture! You guys look so happy and that baby is incredibly cute. We are delighted for you both!

Jon and Julie said...

I am so glad she is finally here! We are soo excited for your sweet family! She is beautiful! I can't to meet her and I am excited for the baby shower! Please let us know if you need anything at all! Love ya!! Julie

Lisa said...

What a good looking family! You guys are glowing!